Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Sunday 3 August 2008

Gathering at Ternuzen,Holland


Yesterday, We were invited to join a party by Kak Zue and Abg Zam at their house in Tenurzen, Holland. This party was more like a farewell party because they are going back to Malaysia for good this coming september. They arranged cabs (about eight people) from Ghent train station for us and even paid the fares. The hosts were very nice people indeed and I am pretty sure that we will miss having them around in the future. What more could we ask for? We are really grateful to them for everything. While we were waiting for the cab, I took the oportunity to take a few pics around Ghent station, Frankly, this town was not so bad for sightseeing and I will do that soon, maybe spend the whole day in Ghent.


We drove to Kak Zu's house and the journey was about 30 minutes. Actually, Tenurzen is a strategically located port on the waterways to Ghent, in present-day Belgium. Nowadays the Ghent-Terneuzen Canal is still an important shipping route. The port of Terneuzen is the third largest in the Netherland and it stated nearby the Belgium-Holland frontier. Besides that, this town is full of chemical plants that give people the oppurtunity to get jobs and to improve their economy. We arrived at Kak Zue's around mid afternoon.The first time I stepped my foot in their house, I was mesmerized by how spick and span the residential area was. The area looked private and very well cared for!


From outside I can smell the foods that made my stomach rumble like hell. Powerful beats of excitement rushed through me as I entered the house..Gosh! What a surprise, they provided plenty of foods to taste and the food smell was very very promising! There was Lamb, chicken rice, kek batik, baked potatoes pie, "sup ekor", fruits, drinks, "kuih muih", and plenty more..Guess what? I had three servings and even brought some of the leftover food back home. What a shame..hehehee.













The evening went very well, I met new friends from the Netherland and we talked, ate, took photos until we did not realize that time went by so fast. Suddenly, one of our friend said that the taxi was ready to drive us back to Ghent, Belgium. "Oh my God! What time is it, now?" I asked my friend and she said "5.00 pm"..see how terrible I was to lose track of time.


After saying good bye, we went off and continued the day by visiting one of our friend, Ros who gave birth to a baby boy at Ghent.Congratulations my friend! At 8.30 pm we took the train and arrived in Liege at 11.30 in the night. A splendid and knackered day indeed...

No comments: