Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Saturday 2 August 2008

Rambling

Warning!! This entry is just the usual rambling by me and there is nothing special about it, do read them if you are free to do so ok. This is about my writing skills and I think it is worth talking about openly. Perhaps, some of my regular blog readers noticed that recently, I've written all the entries or maybe 90% of them in English. Actually, there is no particular reason for that, it is just the matter of me doing what I think it best for me to improve my writing skill in English, Why only writing Skill? how about speaking and listening ? Well, all those are also in learning progress. Speaking when I speak to foreigners, Listening when I watch telly without subtitles so now comes to writing which I reckon was worse before! Trust me I know I made little or maybe many mistakes in my writing but if I never try and keep shying away from writing in English, I think it would be better for me to declare myself to be in the stupidest person category. The common attitude of Malay people (I refer to myself) is to be afraid to make mistakes just incase everybody else will laugh at them. In fact I do not want to be the "Bodoh tak boleh diajar, cerdik tak boleh ditumpang". If you know what I mean!

I will try to stay positive about myself so if you think my entries are badly written or even worse please do not hesitate to let me know and give me any comments that can help improve my writing skills. Zek..especially ko k..your English level is excellent! I really do not give a monkey to those who just know how to criticize simply to demoralize my efforts in learning English! and if you really intend to do so my advice is just mirror yourselves before you judge anybody else. Furthermore, the least intelligent people often talk most about others! Please, only honesty count here!

As we know, some of us are meant to be good in languages naturally, so in that case, lucky for them but most of them (including myself) need to struggle just to improve one language. By the way, No need to talk about French, German, Arabic and etc just narrowing the scope down to the English language already takes sufficient effort on my part. My target now is to just master English usage in all aspect!

Nevertheless, I realize that we do not need to be too perfectionist in the early stage of language learning. Do remember that the skills will come together with practice. What I need to do now is to correct small mistakes in order to help me to avoid making a bigger one later. Once maybe many mistakes will be done by me, twice maybe fewer and thrice could be less. Well, a well-done job takes time, remember? Eventually, you will get used to the language, and it will be perfect sooner or later! Well, worth to try, isn't? So when I reach the level of well versed English, I will focus more about the perfection in the usage of the language! How do I know that I am up to this level? Well, that is a good question...the answer is when all the people around me say so! If they never do that means I will keep learning! In fact we have been asked to gain knowledge until we die..Never stop Learning and trust me hard work brings rewards eventually!

2 comments:

niza said...

betul tuh Nurul. Niza pun sejak baca blog yg ditls dlm English rasa berkobar jugak nk improve English.. yeah.. Practice makes perfect.

missselfridge said...

niza....sgt