Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Monday 1 September 2008

The first day of breaking fast!

Our first day of fasting was ok, even though we had to refrain ourselves from eating and drinking for almost 16 hours. Since I had ample time to myself today, I ended up cooking five dishes including desserts. For today's menu, I cooked "ayam masak pandan", "ayam padang indonesia", pan-fried veggies, caramel pudding and chicken pau. For my first attempt of "ayam masak pandan" and "ayam masak padang", both of them turned out good. I think it was worth a thousand smiles on my face, since I started to roll my sleeves at 3 PM in the evening to marinate the chicken beforehand. It took almost three hours to make the flavour of the spices blend well and followed by wrapping them neatly with screwpine leaves and finishing them off with toothpicks before deep frying them.


Actually, I was having a nervous breakdown when I made today's dishes. Somehow, I had to make sure it turned out good and I cannot bear any mistakes in today's cooking since our stomachs were rumbling like hell and I was in crucial time when I glanced at the clock and it showed, 7pm. another one and half hour to go before breaking fast! You see, I was not too keen on cooking when I was in Malaysia, but since I got married and live in a foreign country, cooking seems like a new addiction to me. I will try everything that I am craving for. I used to throw all the foods that I made if the results were terrible and I will hide the foods in the bottom of the dustbin so that Am will never know that I wasted my so-called "dissappointing" foods. But Am has this habit of checking through the dustbin to ensure that nothing was being chucked out in the bin, and he does this almost everyday in our early stage of marriage and I dare say until now!

For the beverages we just made watermelon drinks and coffee. Actually, I am dying for coconut drink, but where the hell I can get that. Oh God! I can see myself indulging a jar of cold coconut drink on a hot summer day. Oh dear! I wish I can curse anything in this house into coconut, so that I can chop them up and dive in! You guys want to know what I have been up to since breaking fast? Well, I keep thinking what tomorrow's menu is going to be and I am pretty sure I will still be thinking about that until I drift off to sleep tonight. There is another 29 days to go before the Ramadan ends and I will take this opportunity to sharpen on my cooking skills and who knows? Maybe, I will end up opening my own restaurant which will be the new empire in my life! Ciao!

9 comments:

Mimiamilia said...

caramel puding..yum..yum..lama tak makan

missselfridge said...

mimi..sila wat..atau mai sini kalu nk mkn..hehhee

Zara in Germany said...

aku pun nak watla hari ni...brg pun ada hehehe

missselfridge said...

zek..sila2..aku wat lebih semalam..so arini dessert aku puding caramel lg..esok br wat lain..hehhe..jimat duit..hehehe

Red,Gold n Green said...

sedap gila..kau mmg dah terror masak la nurul..td aku pi pasar ramdhan..ada ayor kelapa..rega rm2.50..kau nak???heheheh

missselfridge said...

are-t...hehe bole la..takla terrer mana pun..tp kalu dulu aku tau goreng ayam n telur je..hahaha..eh pos la ayaq kelapa tu..dah mouth water dah ni..

niza said...

wowo, byknya juadah nurul utk bbuka. niza hr 1st msk pasta goreng ngan kopok lekor je. huhu nyum2 sume juadah nurul. makin improve. bravo.

wakaka, x sangka kat umah nurul pun ada gak ahli majlis bandaran x bertauliah. mmg tensen je nk buang brg apa sume kena cek. huhu.

niza said...

psss... sini pun gak ahli majlis bandaran x bertauliah. kdg2 kantoi gak kalau buang ape2 yg x septtnya. hihi...

missselfridge said...

niza..buka ngn kepok..waw..sagt ye ada tukang check tong..hehehe