Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Tuesday 2 September 2008

food disaster

I searched for the "kuih sagu" recipe after chatting with Zek about today's menu. What I want to highlight in this entry is not about the menu that I chose, but it is about the incident when I prepared the "kuih sagu".

After finishing the internet browsing and finding the best recipe that I could imagine(I got the recipe from one of the well known cooking fotopages and the recipe shown on the web seemed like a piece of cake to try). So, I read the recipe carefully before I bought the main ingredient which was tapioca. After going to the Champion supermarket and buying tapioca, I cannot help myself from starting to cook. The first step of the recipe said that I needed to boil one cup of sugar with two cups of water. So, I took the standard cup as my guideline and started measuring the ingredients above. I needed to stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Drop in some colour, so Ok then. Done!..Eventually, I needed to put the tapioca into the hot sugar syrup and keep stirring until the tapioca is well cooked.

So I followed the instruction, unfortunately, the tapioca seemed too thicken in a short time and the worst was, it was still not cooked. I kept adding water when I stirred the tapioca until...crap! my tapioca turned a bit too watery and I think that was enough! No more water. I just stirred it thoroughly until it cooked. After putting an effort for almost an hour, so that should be good, I guess!(eventhough, the tapioca still not well cooked). I almost wanted to chuck them into the bin, but such a shame to waste the food though! I poured it into the mould and had my fingers crossed! I was full of hope that my kuih will set.

After two hours resting in a room temperature, it was time to cut them into small pieces. Unfortunately, the kuih turned out a bit watery and flaccid. Well, that is why, sometimes recipe from the internet is a disaster. This is the pics of my "kuih sagu". It should be square instead of round. So anybody has the experience in "kuih sagu" making? If yes, please come out with your recipe for me to follow....

10 comments:

Red,Gold n Green said...

nurul...aku pun tak tau kuih sagu tu mcm mana dan rasa apa...dgr la nih, semlm aku p pasar ramadhan, kwn aku beli nasi kerabu, nampak mcm sedap,,,time makcik tu nak senduk nasi...tgk2 nasi tu nasi putih..nak tak nak..kena beli gak sbb dah terbubuh lauk...wlupun kecewa sbb tu nasi putih.....:(

missselfridge said...

are-t,,kuih ni aku rasa ko kenal..kaler merah besanya..tp aku wat ijau..keciwanya..nasi kerabu ada kunin, biru or itam n putih..aku last choice aku adalah nasi kerabu putih..ko sllu beli ari2 ek juadah?

Red,Gold n Green said...

tak gakk.....semlm aku makan bekal yang mak aku bagi...hari ni plak...as dan geng2 usm ajak buka posa kat hotel

missselfridge said...

wah mantap tu..best2

ima said...

Nurul,salam ramadan kembali.
i semestinya tak pandai masak, tp internet resipi bagus2 belaka..nak kena carik yg adventure tu.

-dal- said...

Nurul, aku biasa kalau rebus sagu mesti terkeras. Aku biasa main agak agak jer. Tiap kali nak buat lupa dah ukatan sebelumnya.

Helina said...

x dapek nak nolong hehe

missselfridge said...

ima..tu la..kalu kena yg bagus ok ..tp sellu kena yg hopeless..

dal..aku nagun lama gila nk masak sagu tu..

helen..ko mmg..hehehe

SNS said...

itula bukan warna merah ker...hehe takper warna tak penting, penting bulah makan masuk perut... wah mcm2 ko masak utk ramadhan. aku rasa ko buleh buat pasar ramadhan kat rumah ko. susah la baca blog ko bulan posa ni, terliur jer tgk gambar2 makanan.

missselfridge said...

belle...aku nk wat pasar ramadan atas pasaraya belakang umh aku ni boley??hheee..ok aku kurangkan entry mknn pasni..kikiki