Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Monday 29 September 2008

Eid-ul Fitr is coming..



Ramadan has come and gone..Now, there is only one day left before we celebrate Eid-ul Fitr. Since the past two weeks, I keep turning on my online radio and Imeem playlist simply just to hear Raya songs. The songs that can only give me the feeling of Eid-ul fitr environment in a foreign land. This coming Eid keeps my mind lingering and thinking about elderly great and grand parents that has passed away. Thus, making me reciting any "surah" in the holy quran after my prayer, to the those who has passed away. Nowadays, the raya feeling is getting less merrier than the past few years.Why has this happened? Is it because I am getting old or just because the modern life makes raya feel like normal days? I can precisely remember when I was a kid, every raya we will bring one small bag to keep our duit raya and we will challenge each other ( I mean between our siblings), who will get more duit raya? Truthfully, the highest collection of duit raya I ever had when I was a kid was just Rm 200..But if, during adult time is counted here, the highest amount of duit raya that I received ever was worth RM 2000. Sadly, I just went on a shopping spree with the money and nothing was left to be put in my savings account. what a shame! hehehe.

Talking about Eid, I hope this year is not the last time I am celebrating fasting and Eid. I pray to Allah to give me and my family a long life to give us a chance to celebrate it together as a family. I can't imagine Eid without my parents beside me.. To my friends who have lost their parents and family , I hope you can celebrate raya happily even only with the memories with your beloved ones left to be remembered..Together we pray and dua for them so that their souls will be placed among the pious people..Amin

Where we will go to celebrate Eid? Well, I think maybe just in Liege since I have a class on the Eid's day. Maybe we will have an open house in a couple of weeks. But, everything is still in the planning stage. So, if we do make it, we will invite all the relevant person to join our open house. For our Eid menu, I will cook soto, nasi himpit, instant lemang, kuah kacang, maybe satay and a few more dishes to be written down in our list...

So, I take this opportunity to wish 'salam aidilfitri' to all my family, friends, cyber friends and all. No matter how long we have not meet each other face to face, no matter where we are?, no matter who we are? but one thing for sure, we look for the same crescent and moon for this raya..and I hope we can enjoy this coming Eid-ul Fitr as better muslimin and muslimat..InsyaAllah..

P/S - The melancholy entry is in commemoration of the celebration of Eid-ul Fitr in a foreign land, a thousands million far away distance between my family and I...

4 comments:

SNS said...

salam nurul, selamat hari raya, maaf zahir batin to you too. Sama2 lah kita beraya di perantauan jauh dari famili dan sanak sedara... huhuhu. Tambah2 ada kelas (or my case, viva)... lagi potong steam utk beraya kan.

Aku masa kecik2 paling byk aku dpt kutip RM50 jer kot, itu pun org kampung kenal ayah aku bg lebih sikit utk anak shukri. Bila besar duit raya dpt tak pernah lebih RM10... yerlah sepupu sepapat aku sgt ramai, bila bahagi2 dpt sorang sikit jerlah hehe. Anyway bestnya menu ko. Selamat beraya!

missselfridge said...

sama la nabil..tu pun kire sikit sb sepupu sepapat aku yg mana ada akak abang yg dh keje dpt lg byk..huhuhu..ko gud luck viva..bila balik mesia ni?

Natrah &Helmi said...

oit nurul, dah letak menu kat sini..tak thrill laaaa

missselfridge said...

aiseyman natrah..aku besla..sume nk inform hehehe