Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Monday 25 May 2009

Three hours Glucose Tolerance test at week 32

I had a very tiring and long day at the hospital today. I arrived at the hospital at 7.45am. Very early in the morning just because to have the three Hours glucose tolerance test done. As in my previous entry about one hour glucose tolerance test, It was held like this.

One hour Glucose Tolerance Test

For the one hour glucose tolerance test no fasting is required. When you arrive to the office, you will receive 50 gm of a high glucose solution. You will usually be offered several different flavor options, such as, lemon/lime, cola, and orange. You should consume the entire beverage within 5 minutes. You should be aware that the glucose solution is very sweet and many women will feel nauseous after drinking it. The nurse will record the time the glucose beverage was given and return in one hour to draw a blood sample. If you should feel symptoms of hypoglycemia, such as dizziness, weakness, sweating, or hunger at any time during the test please inform the nurse. Results of the one hour glucose tolerance test. If your blood glucose level exceeds 130 mg/dl, a three hour glucose tolerance test will be necessary. (Ladewig, London, Moberly, Olds, 2002)

Unfortunately, the result showed my blood contains too much glucose after the test, so I need to go through the three hours glucose tolerance test, which was due on today. They proceeded the test like this.

Three hour Glucose Tolerance Test

The three hour glucose tolerance test is is similar to the one hour test with a few distinctions. You should be instructed to maintain a high carbohydrate diet for three days prior to testing. This should be followed by fasting for 10-16 hours. It will be easiest for the pregnant women to eat her dinner meal before 7 pm and fast until morning. Plan to arrive at the doctor's office or lab between 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. to avoid prolonged fasting. When you arrive for the test, the nurse will draw your blood and collect a urine sample. She will then give you a 100 gm glucose solution. She will record the time and return to collect blood and urine samples at 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours for a total of 5 blood and urine samples. You will not be able to eat or drink anything except for water throughout the duration of the test. You should be encouraged to drink water, however, because frequent urine samples will be needed. Results of three hour glucose tolerance test Gestational diabetes will be diagnosed if two of the following values are exceed the normal limit. Fasting - 95 mg/dL 1 hour - 180 mg/dL 2 hours - 155 mg/dL 3 hours - 140 mg/dL Gestational diabetes can cause health risks for mother and baby. It is important to follow up with your health care provider to establish a plan of care to manage diabetes.

Well, it was not exactly the same procedure as mentioned above. It is depending on the country. In Belgium, it is about the same just the different was, they did not ask for my urine sample but they straightaway had my blood drawn for about 2 tubes. At the first time they poked my arm, it was very painful indeed since they needed to leave the needle and tube at my arm for 3 hours. Like this,



After withdrawn the first two tubes of blood, the nurse asked me to swallow a very sweet solution. The nurse recorded the time and she came over hourly to collect my blood, which was two tubes for every hour during one hour, two hours and three hours for a total of eight tubes of blood within three hours.

I need to stay put at the blood test area for three hours. Luckily I had Marie Claire with me and my dear hubby that was willing to stay loyally by me for the whole duration of the test.

I should not complaint more.





The test was finished at 11 am. After that I had my first plain water and croissants to fill in my rumbling stomach. At 11.30 am I had a routine check up with my gynecologist. The checked up took 20 minutes. My Gynae instructed me to meet the Dermatologist regarding my itchy skin. We had to go through the waiting and checking up procedures for about one hour. The dermatologist prescribed me with some cream and shower foam to sooth my itchiness. All the hospital procedure was finished at 2.30pm. After buying some medicine at pharmacy straightaway we headed home.

The weather was too hot. I just about to pass out. I was so hungry and badly need some heavy lunch. After taking lunch I had my afternoon nap until 7 pm. It was very tiring and long day indeed for Am and I.

Sigh..what a priceless experience just to have a baby..I guess it worth thousands more than everything after holding my baby in my arms...Insya Allah.

By the way my bump at week 32 or eight months of pregnancy.My current weight is 66kg..3 kg more than last month.

2 comments:

Azlina said...

kiutnya perut ko...

Nurul said...

lin..kalu tgk tnpa baju..parut..sb gatai aku garu..huhuhuh