Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Roll up your sleeves, my dear!

Apart from painting and coloring, I have a vivid idea of teaching Haris to bake. Baking a simple recipe will do for a boy as young as him, thus last night I promised to myself of getting him involved in the baking project in the following morning.

I browsed via internet the suitable recipe for Haris to try with. I ended up choosing a recipe from I can cook programmed by BBC for children. I opted for sweet treat which was, chunky banana cake.

1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius. Please asked an adult to do this because the oven is hot.

2. Ready all the ingredients and measured them. I asked Haris to scoop the flour , sugar etc and I did the measurement.




3.Mashing the banana and adding 3 desserts spoon of sunflower oil and I called this bowl as a wet bowl. The boy just loved the mashing process!



4.Mixed the flour, sugar and baking powder in another bowl (named it as a dry bowl) and poured it to the wet bowl followed by adding an egg.





Kept stirring until the mixture looked fluffy enough.



I was giving him a hand by arranging the paper cups in the cup cake's molds.



5. Carefully poured the mixture into each paper cups. First time of this process, I was the one who held the paper cup but after finished the first cuppy, he insisted to hold it by his own, well fine by me.




Not so neat but it was ok.




While he had been busy with the 'pouring thingy', I snapped this pictures. The cook with the clown's hat!




I was wondering how did the cakes come along. Though I felt relief when the result turned out good!



Ok, till next time..

2 comments: