Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Sunday 14 June 2009

Féte des pères


Today is a Father's day celebration and if I am not mistaken in all over the world. Pardon me if I am too shallow not knowing the father's day date for other countries. But, in Belgium we celebrate father's day on 14th June yearly, which is today. So, I take this opportunity to wish Happy Father's day to all dads especially my Ayah ' Tn. Hj. Mohamed bin Hassan'. What is so special about the father's day is, it is celebrated a day before my dad's birthday which is on 15th June.

This year my dad turns 59 year old. He is a pensioner but Alhamdulillah, Allah has granted my dad with a wellbeing and a better life as what he gets today. I am so happy for him.

As I can remember, I used to be a daddy's girl when I was a kid. Everytime my dad went for any courses out of the town I would automatically run down a fever of missing him. I can precisely remember, my mum used to covered my body with my dad's 'kain pelikat' so that I could smell his ordour when he was absent for a couple of days or sometimes more than a week. I was not into my mum that much during that time. My dad is very strict with us but it was not depriving me from being closed to him.

When I was in my adolescent time, My dad used to beat me up with a cane, hanger, bare hands and many more if I made any mistakes. Not only me, it applied to all of his kids except the last two kids because of he is getting older and maybe lack of energy and calm enough to handle a naughty kids.

Do not misread my explaination, what I meant by beating in this context is, beating to teach his children what are the mistakes that we could and could not made in this life. Teaching us being a very good person and to show us love is not all about money, galore etc.

The unforgiven mistakes are like playing truant for quran class,quarrelling among siblings, getting less excellent in exam's result especially in Mathematics ( my dad is a Math pensioner teacher ok, so he would check the Math results first among others subjects and it was so scarry to show him my record book if I failed to get A in Math)etc. If we made these types of mistakes, without hesitation he would give us a punishment. I used to hate him when he beated us up or maybe pinch or squeeze sharply on our thigh. It would make our skin became bluish and it took a few days to get better.

Hitting the puberty time changed me a lot. Being reserved about everything from my dad was normal for me. I rarely spoke to him, and I turned to be a rebel person among his others kids. Sometimes, when I got punishment I would show my rebellion by not talking to him for a couple of days until he spoke to me first. See, how terrible I was! Not because I hate him but it just I could not help from showing my enragement.

Sometimes my mum used to advice me for not treating my dad like a stranger. I did feel guilty, well sometimes.. but being a stubborn me seriously did not make any changes.

When I had been accepted to pursue my studied at USM, my dad was the person whose happy so much. He told everybody around my neighbourhood about it and silently, he bought my preparation in terms of clothes, shoes, bags etc to be used at the university. I was totally, utterly gobsmacked. The reality hitted me about how my dad is actually love me not hating me when he punished me after making any mistakes. Started from that moment, slowly I tried to mend the conflict between us and Alhamdulilah everything is getting better until now.

I could not forget, how happy my dad was, when I got my first job after graduation. He bought me all working clothes. Spending money like a mad person on me.Not to forget how he burst into tears when he be my godparent during my wedding day. He gave me about RM 5,000 as my wedding gift. I was so sad when I thought of the responsibility of taking care of me has ended when my husband recited 'akad nikah' on the night of 25th August 2006. My dad told my husband to take a great care of me, his forever love daughter. I was so sad but happy though not to burden my parent anymore with the responsibility of taking care on me, his daughter. As we know, the responsibilities of parents have ended for their daughters when they are getting married.

Until now, I am still waiting for the right time to give my dad part of my salary when I continue working in the future.

To all fathers, father's to be (especially my husband, Norizham), my dad and my friends out there, Happy father's day and to my dad, Happy birthday to you. May you have many happy returns in life and live longer. I love you so much...So, just he knows I always love him no matter how bad I behaved before.

3 comments:

Ita Shadila said...

baru jer google tadi.. belgium celebrate on 14th.. US celebrate on 21st.. I pun cuak2 jer my father tanya naper x wish dia father's day.. ahaha

Nurul said...

hai ita..see how shallow I am..And I heard mesia celebrates on 21st june..nway hapy father's day to ur dad..

Ita Shadila said...

bukan shallow la.. ita pun cuak sbb x tau, u r not alone.. hepi father's day 2 u r dad too.. n soon-to-be dad to ur hubby