Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Friday 10 December 2010

Saints and Sins



Picture is not related to the story but the quote is.


"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Belgium is a unique country!

Do you want to know why do I say so? The answer is because this country is divided to two part. One part is Flanders and people speak Dutch as their main language and the other part is Wallonia, and they speak French. Though, there are a few languages available in this country such as English and German.

Since I've been living in Belgium there are twice time the local people from Dutch speaking part tried to annoy us with the question or statement like this, 'this is the first class couch' or ' do you know this is the first class couch?'.

Ok let's me get it straight. When I wrote those sentences, I was talking about the people who tried to remind or reassure that we sit in the right coach in the train. Well, of course only first and second class coaches are available in any trains.

Before reading the whole story, bear in mind that the first class ticket is almost double the price of the second class one.

The first incident happened when I sat by a man in my journey from Brussels to Liege. We got the time wrong when we departed at the peak hours. The train was packed with working people and we were fortunate to have the first class tickets in hand. After five minutes of journey, that man did ask me this question, 'Do you know this is the first class couch?' The way he asked me was like, I was not having enough money to buy the first class ticket! Shallow ok! Without having second thought and doubt I answered to him politely but in a sarcastic intonation like this,

'Oh yes, I do and I do not think the first class ticket is so expensive , isn't? Oh by the way, I never travelled in second class, It is not my standard' While giving him a fake smile.

I tell you, this man looked disgusted with my sarcastic answer and he went quite for the whole journey. I shall say this to his face but I did not.' Dude, we are in the lower score, you do not like me and I do not like you either!'. Serve him right, I reckon.

The second incident was happened when we sat by this middle age couple, from the moment I sat my arse on the seat the lady kept looking at us from head to toe like we did something wrong. At the first time I just ignored her but after a couple of moments I could not stand her glance anymore. Suddenly, out of the blue I popped out this question to her and trust me I did not know where is the strength come from. I said to her,' Hi, Is there something wrong with us?' and she said 'nothing' but I could sense her guilty voice. I continued talking to her by saying ' Ok, if nothing is wrong, can you please stop staring because it is rude to stare at other people!'. After hearing I said something like that, she turned her head around to the window and never had a gut to give us even a little peek.

I learnt something from those experiences.

Sometimes, we have to say it loud if we know we are right. Never let people bully us and do remember nothing to be afraid of. Speak out loud and that is it. But, never ever showed how thick you are. Always be smart in handling situation.

Again,life abroad teaches me to stand on my two feet!

4 comments:

areT said...

bagus gak kau jwp mcm tu..depa ni kdg2 pandang asian sebelah mata je kan...

Nurul said...

yang belah dutch mmg agak sengal ngn muslim esp..belah aku yg french sgt friendly..tp xseme la..sejaka ku duk 2 thn lebey sini only twice la kena mcm tu n mostly smooth ride journey je la..pengalaman kan..

Kiki Plano said...

oh.. it makes me so angry!!
I hope I have the gut like you in your position

Nurul said...

kiki..smtimes we just have to