Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Monday 6 December 2010

cencalok, budu and I

Let's me get it straight. I am so into cencalok compared to budu but both are not a good choice for my hubby. He does not eat cencalok, budu, sambal belacan and all type of sambal etc. He is a very straightforward person. Curry and vegies, or any gravy will do except all those types of masak lemak.

I could vividly remember one of the incident happened to us when the first time I stepped my foot in Manchester in the four years back. I could picture the incident as much as I can remember the story line of my favourite film 'The green miles'.

One day, I found cencalok in one of the Asian shop called Apna. The price of one bottle of cencalok was very intriguing which was two pound per bottle and during that time, the currency exchange was about 1 pound = RM7. Do the maths please...

I was so damn happy to find cencalok so straightaway I bought one to satisfy my taste buds. Wasting time not, I asked my hubby to open the lid so that I could indulge myself to the fullest. To be honest, that cencalok had the worst lid ever. We could not simply opened it like the one which sell back home. We tried to use can opener but still we were struggling to open it until 'pop'!!!!

The big and echo sound came along with the filling of the cencalok spreaded and scatter all over the ceiling, the walls and the floors in our kitchen. Am was so furious when the cencalok safely 'landed' on his hair. Well, you know the smell of the cencalok was a nightmare. Even though, he had a great shower did not means he could get rid of the smell easily.

From the night onwards, he forbade me from buying cencalok, budu or whatsoever that related to these types of foods. Being stubborn me, I bought one of the budu and hid it in my kitchen cabinet and only ate it when he was not at home.

The hatred feeling towards cencalok and budu were obvious, but who cares..I love them so cencalok or budu will always be one of my stock in my kitchen cabinet.

hehehehehe

And this is why I need budu..



nasi kerabu kuning with baked chicken..

3 comments:

areT said...

aku pon suka cencaluk dan budu...baru2 ni mkn budu dan tlr grg dgn ns panas..layan

Nurul said...

sgttt..mnmbh selera mkn kan...hehehee

areT said...

terlampau!