Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Thursday 15 September 2011

The moment he said good bye to his best buddies..

Weaning is easier if the time is right for the babies. My personal experience of weaning my boy was only took a month or less until he definitely stopped breast milk.  The initial planned when I knew I fell pregnant was to mix feeding the formula with the breast milk but it turned out I fully breastfeed Haris because he totally rejected the bottles and the formula. Being a full time housewife was a privilege in giving direct supplied since he 24/7 with me. Thus, from the day onwards he became a baby who breastfed exclusively. Alhamdulillah it was his sustenance.

When he reached 23 months old, I was having a thought of the ideas to stop breastfeeding. I got so many infos from friends and some of them said, 'try to apply something like tamarind juice, food coloring , nescafe etc on the breast  in hoping, the baby hates the taste of those things and stop taking milk'. Unfortunately,  I never tried any of them.

One day I chatted with my old unimate, I asked her what did she do to stop her first baby from the breast and she said, she did nothing because by two years old her baby just quit by herself. So, from the day onwards I kept praying to Allah in hope Haris will quit easily before turning two. At the same time I tried to feed him lesser than his daily intake. No more feeding during the day only once at night before sleeping or in the early morning. Usually, Haris always forget to drink before sleeping due to his tiring activities in the day , so it ended up he fell asleep easily at night.

After a week or two left for Haris to celebrate his two years old milestone, he got used with the ideas of weaning.

Nevertheless, one think I will definitely remember for the rest of my life which was the last day he had the breast. I never realized this but it made me thinking lately.  It was Friday the 5th September 2011. I was spending my night at Sheraton Hotel to spend my last moment with my closed friend before she went back to Malaysia for good. It was in the fasting month. As usual, when Haris wake up in the morning, he will ask for the milk but he stopped asking since the past two weeks.

Though, on that Friday he was not himself, I could tell. He was dreaming and sobbing continuously in his dream . Sounding like heart wrenching  :-(  until making me whispered on his ears something like this ' Haris, nak susu  ke haris, kesian kat haris..Ya Allah kalau betul anak aku haus dan nak susu sangat2 tolongla bagi ada susu dan cukup utk dia pagi ni'.

Exactly that was the doa' which I was saying in that peaceful morning with sorrow heart after listening my baby sobbing in his sleeping. When I fed him, he kept weeping and seriously his voiced resulting in me had teary eyes. He kept sulking for the milk for a few minutes and the tears kept dropping on his small cheeks. Hesitate not,  I stroked his hairs to wake him up and gave him a morning bath. ( We woke up very early since we needed to check out the hotel before 8am and went off to the airport).

The incident on that Friday morning, was the last time he had breast milk and he never asked for the milk anymore. After a few weeks, I can conclude why he was so sad that day in his dreamed. Perhaps, he knew that was the last time he will had the milk and perhaps he knew he had to say good bye to his best buddies because he was no longer a baby and he just knew it was the time to stop, forever. He stopped just 16 days before he turned two years old.

Allah granted my dua.  Alhamdulillah, it was an easy journey for me as a mum to wean my fully breastfed baby. It melancholy moment for both of us when the time was up but I am happy and glad because he had the best  milk ever and trust me,  the bonding between the mum and the baby while breastfeeding is unspeakable...Very exquisite indeed....

As the time I write this entry I could not help shedding tears of thinking ' Am I going to have the chance to breastfeed again in the future?'..Que sera-sera.. I hope I will..InsyaAllah. Weaning does not mean Haris and I are getting apart. Everynight before sleeping he will ask to hold my hands before drifting in his slumber and I guess, no matter what, he will always be my baby to me and deep in my heart I know it...







4 comments:

Ayu Ikhwani said...

Alaa.. tetibe sy plak sedih bace entry ni

Nurul said...

kalau ayu tgk dia d hari kejadiaan kesian sungguh ayu..terisak2 dia dlm tido..sayu sungguh hati seorang ibu tgk huhuhuh

tik said...

salam kak nurul.. both of my sons stopped formula milk at the aged of two years old ( tik breastfeed diorg utk 6 months jea.).. diorg pun dgn sendiri takmo susu botol dah.. rasa lega dah sebab nak pergi mana2 tak pyh dgn termos bagai. Tapi selalu kena ganti dgn cheese , yogurt sebab takmo diorg tak cukup calsium.

Nurul said...

tik-salam betul tu..skrg kak nurulkasi dia minummilkshake..feveret dia ngn strawbeeries n choc milk ..lain2 dia reject..tp takpala bak kata tik asal cukup calcium..huhuhu