Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Saturday 24 September 2011

How does my son learn his first thousands words?

I do not know how or what is the approach learning method that the mums out there take in introducing words to teach their kids, but for me I use the books with the colorful pictures and the flash cards. I love teaching Haris by using flash cards because there are words and pictures on the same cards. No matter how difficult the words are, I will keep saying them over and over again until Haris recognizes the things. It is a long learning process but patience is the key.

Let's say I teach him about ball, but I make him understand not all the round things are the ball. There are circle and sphere, with the same pattern but not the same meaning. Baby accent is no-no. I will correct his pronunciation to make him say it right. Sometimes, he keeps saying in his accent but does not matter, because there will be a moment when he will definitely know how to say it in a right way. Toddlers' brains are like sponges. They absorb everything quickly, so that is why we need to avoid saying something bad in front of them.

Well, actually I was meant to tell about the folder's book that I bought for Haris on the first day of Eid, I went to the book shop to buy the English magazines for me until I came across with this folder for the kids. A folder about learning the first thousands words. This folder contains a pictures dictionary, a hundred flash cards, the cd , the sticker's book and the stickers itself. Without having second thought, I just grabbed the folder even though the price was quite expensive. Though, for learning I do not mind, because it is like an investment. Investment to give a proper learning to my son in hoping he will be a smart person, InsyaAllah.

I taught Haris the words by using the pictures on the stickers and after recognizing and knowing every single words on it, I will ask Haris to stick the pictures on the sticker's book, right in the small boxes on the left hand side of the book. This sticker's book is like a self made dictionary and trust me, he was having fun while learning. As a mum, I would be delighted seeing him happy!




I will show the rest of the items in this folder's book in my next entry ;-)

No comments: