Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Friday 23 October 2009

Why is breastfeeding is such a taboo?

We know breast milk is the best for our baby. But sometimes breastfeeding in public will make you feel disapprove. I do not talk about showing your breast like this while feeding..

What I meant is like this

Can you differentiate those two photos? Yes, the acceptable photo is totally cover your breast.

I am having the same difficulties as well especially when using a public transport. As I always mention, Haris hates bottle so much. It does not matter if I pumped my milk into the bottle or formula milk. He will rejects it without having a second thought. So, I have not got any choices. When he is crying out loud asking for milk, I need to feed him. Everytime we ride a train I will try to sit at a secluded seat so it much easier to feed him. But, can you imagine when all those seats are taken and to make it worst, I have to sit facing a stranger. I mean a man. What should I do?

So, I will leave the seat and tried to find a suitable place to breastfeed him. It's hard and I often find myself retreating to sit on a dirty floor nearby the train's staircase or the toilet. Huish..

I try to make the feeding time more friendly by wearing a nursing bra and top. I put a blanket on my shoulder to cover let say 'inappropriate range of vission'and I do use a poncho sometimes and it much easier. It acts like nursing cover.



Even though I take all the necessary action while feeding, the feeling of disapprove by public does exist and sometimes people make I feel uncomfortable doing so by staring at me, but I am determined to stick at it. As long as my breast is not popped out in public. As we all know breastfeeding need a strong determination and support from your loved one and it far from glamorous but I am proud of myself for giving my son the best start in his life.

I really hope one fine day, 'breastfeeding friendly' will happen in any places. But, until we have change in our culture ( I mean Belgian culture ), and breasfeeding is seen as normal and natural, I will keep feeding my baby even though toilet sit is the last resort as a suitable place.

7 comments:

dari~ummie said...

la..yeke kak nurul..ingatkan diorg lagi open bab breastfeeding ni..

Nurul said...

bab breastfeeding kalau mum kebnykan akan open tp kalau yg laki n yg blum jd mum tu mcm ala2 pelikk ckit la..depe open kalu bab topless tiome summer hehehe

dari~ummie said...

heheh..pelik betul omputih ni ek kak nurul..kelakar pun ada..(^_^)

AsLiNa said...

nurul, cari baju utk bf tu, senang skit, perut tak nampak... atas cover dgn tudung.. mcm aku dulu kalau keluar memang pakai tshirt utk bf, tak pun hang beli nursing cover..

Nurul said...

as aku ada tp xbyk..ti aku cr lg..eh ko bf smpai umur bby brp?cene nk wat ek aku pum susu dlm botol haris rejek..

AsLiNa said...

aku bf sampai dia 2 tahun.. aqilah dulu pun takmo kalo aku bg susu pump dr botol, hang kena suruh org lain bg..kita kan ade bau kilang susu..heheh..

Nurul said...

aku try suh am bg pun fail..agaknya bau kilang susu aku ni kuat kot..hahhaa..ok as aku pun harap utk capai 2 thn..n aku harap ko new baby pun sampai 2 thn ..insylh..