Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Friday 3 June 2011

A week progress after weaning~ at 22 months old~




Every kid is different and develops in their own pace. For Haris it has meant to be a fussy baby and he refused to take formula milk since he was two months old, it was not about the formula itself, because he is totally rejecting the bottle. I have been trying various bottles and they all ended up as my unwanted collection in the cupboard.

What I really want to share in this entry is about my effort to stop supplying breast milk to my boy. I have gathered all my mix feelings before starting this and all I can say is, I am glad because it has been a week since I stopped Haris's day feeding without any fuss from him. I intend to reduce the milk supply gradually in hoping by the age of two years he will completely stop.

Breastfeeding exclusively is tough, well at least for me thus it is resulting in me feeling completely proud of myself. An unintentional effort led to the huge success because I was planning to mix in feeding my baby at the first place. Nevertheless, I admit breast is the best for the baby. As my personal experience, Haris is rarely getting sick for the two years of his life. He just ill twice, once when he was six months old when we returned to Malaysia (due to the weather) and the last time he was sick was in the last month, not sick actually but more on flu only, and it was lasted for three days before he started kicking and playing like usual.

The progress of stopping the breastfeeding is so far so good and he seems to understand when I tell him about big boy does need so much milk. Until now, I am only offering him once milk intake during night before he dozing off in his slumber. Only once per day and no more!

The next thing is, I am planning to potty training my darling boy and hoping by the age of two and half years old, he will completely diapers free. InsyaAllah..

3 comments:

areT said...

breastmilk adalah magic milk. Takde mana2 kompeni susu yg bleh challenge kebaikan breastmilk ni.Aku memula mcm ko gak, plan nak mix dgn FM when she reach 4 months old...tp bila tgk dia muntah masa 1st time aku bg dia FM, lansung aku berajam nak bg breastmilk selama yg mungkin. Now, she will reach 6 months old, will starts solid food, so aku nak try bg dia FM gak...utk org mcm aku, masa utk pam adalah kurang eventho ramai org kata depa bleh...well, i know my ability,tgk la mcm mana...wallahu'alam

Nurul said...

yup betul tu..breastmilk is the best..kalau ko leh try la bg sampai 2 years..invest on electric breat pump like madella..so akan jimat masa pam n mmg worth it..tp kalau xdpt..setahun pun dh ok..gud luck k

areT said...

nurul..mmg nak beli electric breat pump, tp skg bajet ciput...so pakai je la breastpump manual yg kakak aku bg tu...hehehe