Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Friday 21 December 2012

All about 2012


I vaguely remember I had written somewhere about the new year, back in the end of 2011 and in a few days away 2012 is going to bid good bye for all of us. 2012, so far brings me good and bad memories all together, though I fond of writing about the best experienced that I have ever had this year. It feels awkward to start writing after stopping for almost half of year but I do know that there are a lot to share with, but I could not help from being such a lazy bone in these past few months.

Talking about the vacation in year 2012

In April , we went to the states for 10 days. The initial planned was accompanying my husband who had conference in Hawaii. Since the 5 stars accommodation was gratis, thus, Haris and I decided to tag along. Honestly, that was the best vacation that I have ever had! I took thousands of pictures and for Haris, he keeps talking and reminiscing about the holiday in Hawaii. Knowing him well, I know he loved the trip so much. (By the way, sometimes I had forgotten how talkative my son could be :-)).)

In June, out of the blue, my husband made a decision to celebrate Eid in Malaysia. He bought the flight tickets two weeks before the departure date and we stayed in Malaysia for almost 3 months to enjoy every single days with our families. We went on holiday all over in Malaysia and enjoyed those holidays as much as we could say in words. We ended our vacation in 2012 by visiting Poland. I booked the flights after Haris kept saying he wanted to play with the big and heavy snow. After thinking for sometimes, I decided to visit Poland instead. I could not be wrong because the first day we stepped our foot in Warsaw, the temperature was around -8 degree celsius. The thick snow was everywhere to be seen. The second and the rest of the visit , the highest temperature was 0 degree celsius. And for the first time, the bitter cold weather resulting in Haris cried out due to his feet and hands were in pain.

The icing on the top of our visit was, our flight back to Belgium was delayed for about 6 hours and we needed to ride a shuttle bus to go to the another airport which was almost 3 hours ride, to fly back home due to the heavy snow. On the way to the other airport, I could see my window view was like the water dropped turning opaque, too foggy and icy cold. Though, I was delightful at the end of the day because  we managed to fly back to Belgium without needing to spend extra night in Poland.

-Talking about Haris-

As I write this, I could not help staring at him who is lying down by me ,his face is so serene, almost angelic  drifting in his slumber. Deep in me, I was debating whether or not to kiss him good night. Well, I think I might leave him be, allowing his dreams to drift without interruption.

Haris..hmm ( thinking mode) , when we returned to Belgium to continue our routine life I could sense Haris felt pretty bored here. In Malaysia he could play outside anytime he wanted to and he was surrounding by so many people around to consult him whenever he felt sad, happy ,angry etc. This time was his first experienced with the family back home.

Earliest day when we arrived in Malaysia, he scared of everything, you just named it! The cockroaches, the mosquitoes, the ants and even the big fan at the restaurant. It took quite a while for him to adjust with the surroundings. He was not fond of the cold water and even the wet toilet. He wanted to put on the shoes instead of sandals everywhere he went. In the midday, when the temperature was scorching high, he would whining and pleading us to switch on the air-cond. For him, everything was new. Though, I was beaming wide because finally, he loved everything about Malaysia , well except the weather.

Talking about his development pace, Haris is officially 3 years old. He talks so much and he makes his own decision in everything he does. He does not like to be told what to do etc. Sometimes, it is quite ifficult for me to handle in some sort of 'situation' and believe me, we had a lot of arguments and rows. Izham said, Haris and I are meant to be together because we share the same attitudes and habits, , like mother like son :-P.

As for school, he enjoyed being at the school and I could tell, he understands a lot for French language. I hope by the time is right, he will know French by heart. Amin.

Last but not least, about my new year resolution.  Cliche me, I think I do not have any except I want to try to be as good as I can. Trying to be more positive ,InsyaAllah. 

1 comment:

areT said...

InsyaAllah..aku selalu mendoakan kwn2 di berikan keberkatan hidup dunia dan akhirat...ttg Haris, alhamdulillah..makin cerdik..makin besar...dan makin besar ttg jawap kita kepada dia..'ibu bapa lah yg bertnggung jawap nak jadikan anak mereka yahudi,nasrani atau majusi..mereka amanah dr Allah"..insyaAllah.Sambut kedatangan 2013 dgn penuh rs syukur atas nikmat Allah, yg kdg2 kita nampak kecil.