Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Friday 8 April 2011

Experience is the best teacher in life...



There are so many friends in my FB just gave birth this year, so congratulations to them. Frankly, I can't help from feeling how fortunate they are to have the family and friends to celebrate their newborn babies to this world.

reminiscence - July 2009.

A midwife entered the room 161 in the afternoon a day after I gave birth to Haris. She arranged a small rack and placed it by the wall while saying this to me, ' this rack is for the flowers from your visitors.'

I just looked at her face and gave a meaningless smile and there was a voice whispering from my heart saying , 'I do not need the rack since I have not got family in this land to visit me in the hospital and bring me the flowers', but I was wrong, because in the late afternoon Am came to be with me in the hospital and he bought me a bouquet of flowers with the congratulations card and not to forget the 'its a boy' helium balloon. He really made my day.

Nevertheless, the day passed by and the only flowers I received was from him and it slightly made me felt lonely and the feelings led to the baby blues syndrome.

The other difficult incident of not having closed relatives in the foreign land was, nobody was there to prepare the healthy home made foods and the hospital foods were limited for vegetarian and fish only and I badly needed the taste of rice in my dinner. How I wished somebody could cook a very good foods that time. I did not blame Am for this since he had to back and forth ran an errand so resulting in him had a very little time left to prepare the foods. A very simple fried rice was the option for him to prepare for the two of us.

I precisely remember when one evening the nurse mistakenly served my dinner with the slices of bacon and bread on the plate and I did not have choices because all the shops and cafeterias were closed. I could ended up going to bed with an empty stomach that night, but thank God when I had visitors on that day. They brought over a warm soup with the rice, and the tasted was like a food from heaven! I do not have to mention their names because they know who they are. Truthfully, I really appreciate their kindness and will remember them for the rest of my life. InsyaAllah.

I am writing this because I can feel how much blessing for those who have been surroundings by family and friends when they are at the hospital after having a bundle of joy. The visitors truly make a good day to the patient . For us, the experience is the best teacher of counting the blessing of having the baby in the foreign land.

I realized one thing, 'actually when we have to do something without any helps from others, we could cope and nothing is impossible,' it just the matter of giving up to the challenge and keep mourning or otherwise. For me, I chose to be positive and alhamdulillah, until today I manage to handle my boy only with the help of my husband.

Anyway, life is not all about us right? So be rational ;-)))

1 comment:

areT said...

selepas susah,pasti ada kesenangan