Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Monday 10 November 2008

New language and the mistakes I made ..

Have you guys ever done any mistakes when you used a new language? For me, I am getting used to do the stupid mistakes when I used French in my daily life. When I was in Namur, I want to ask the lady at the tourist info centre about the nearest interesting places or castle in Namur. So ,we can save budget and time by walking to that place.

Ok, the conversation was like this, où est les cheveux? Then I saw the face expression the lady gave me made me realized I said the wrong word.In French language, castle is Le chateau but I said Les cheveux instead. Oh crap, in english the sentence is sound like this,' where is the 'hair'?'..hahaahaa. It was not so bad though! I just cannot imagine if I wrongly pronounced the word Le cheveux like this, où est le cheval? The meaning in english is, where is the horse? Sooo teribble isn'it? No wonder she gave me the weird expression. Ok then, I corrected the mistake by asking the right word. She told me, the destination that we planned to visit was quite far and it was impossible to take a walk. Then she asked me, the mode of transport if I want to go there, And I answered, A pied instead of A voiture / A bus..She looked more confusing, suddenly I realized, again I made the second mistakes. A pied mean by foot. So how on earth I can go to the far distance place by foot. hehehehe..

So, now I will be more careful to use the right words in French, but it's ok..we learn from our mistakes, right? The more mistakes I made, the easier I will catch up the language...Hopefully la kan..InsyaAllah..

9 comments:

Natrah &Helmi said...

dasatlah ko dah leh guna french yg ko blajo tue, tabik spring..aku rasa by the time ko nak balik mesia tuh mesti dah speaking berabuk tak ingat punya..

missselfridge said...

wei takde la berabuk..tp aku dh bole la nk paham n nk speaking yg basic2 aku rasa..huhuuh..wei ko dh dpt id lum?

niza said...

hehe, wah nurul dh practise french. niza dh byk lupa dh. huhu. apa pun slmt mempraktiskan diri ye.

Natrah &Helmi said...

id card dah ada tapi sebab barcode takdak, takleh amik lagi, diaorang pi hantar barcode tue kat umah lama, tuan rumah lama hantar balik kat city hall sudahnya barcode tue hilang..nie tunggu barcode baru, harapnya sempatlah tuk trip2 aku tuh...hehe-aku yg pasrah

missselfridge said...

niza..praktis sikit2 je..

natrah..lerrrr..mcm tu lak..eh sat utk kad helmi, i mean spouse lakan..kena brp bayaran masa buat?abg mazli kata kak khis kena 94 euro..helmi kena brp ek?

Natrah &Helmi said...

aku dah jawab soklan ko kat ym tadik..eiii tensenlah buat PhD nie..aku rasa nak gileiii....(sorry mengadu domba kat blog ko):(:(:(

missselfridge said...

natrah..ko diijinkan mengadu damba disini..huhuhu

Mimiamilia said...

cam best jer belajar french..

missselfridge said...

mimi..best kalau dh reti..awal2 tu rasa mcm tak best..huhuhu