Cherries

We have been to

Italy -Rome, Venice, Milan, Como Lake, Bellagio, Florence, Bologna. United Kingdom -The whole Kingdom including scottish land. Belgium France -Paris, Lille, Calais, Metz, Nancy. The Netherland -Amsterdam, Utretcht, Roermond, Mastricht, Rotterdam, Zaans schans, Velondam, keukenhof etc. Chez Republic -Prague. Slovakia -Bratislava. Hungary -Budapest. Austria -Vienna, Salzburg. Switzerland -Basel, Zurich, Interlaken Lake, jungfraujich, geneva, brig, lausanne, Lugano Germany -West and East Germany except Munich. Luxembourg United States of America -San Francisco, Hawaii. Poland -Warsaw and Lodz Spain -Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Barcelona Turkey -Istanbul Singapore Russia -st.petersburg and counting...

Adds

Thursday 26 June 2008

career or "desperate housewife? "

One thing is keep lingering in my mind recently. The thing that annoying me most everytime I think about my future undertakings. Yep, as you know the title of this entry speaks for the rest of my long deep breath complaining!..sigh! I frequently thinking about my career wise . The question is what I will do when I return to Malaysia for good in a few years ahead.One thing is certain, I will never ever wanted to be a "desperate" housewife, and i think, my parent won't agree if I totally give up my job later.

Some people suggested me to find a job in a private sector as I had in the few years back and some of them said it could be much better if I further my study either, since I am in europe now..plus, the tuition fee is really affordable.Yes, it is affordable and in fact,I don't mind to sit for IELTS, get my degree legalized by all related parties in Malaysia beforehand just to apply for the university, but the biggest problem is, there is no english taught course that related with my field in here. The nearest university that offered the course that i want is almost 2 hours from here if I travel by train. I don't think I can manage to travel everyday for 2 years to attend the class since Master Studies duration is 2 years.

Frankly, I really do not have an intention to work as a civil engineer in private sector anymore. I had enough to deal with the architect, contractors, consultants, clients and etc. Sometimes, I felt regret to turn down 3 interviews from government which was JKR, JPS and PTD. Please don't get it wrong. I turned those interviews down not because I was too choosy but the real reason was because I flew to the U.K.

What about working with Consultant? Well, just named it. I tried both fields but I was not really 100% intrigued about my previous job (refer to my last jobs respectively). I hate to sunbathe under the sun that made my skin burn like hell, when I worked with the contractor and the condition I was before made me feel inferiority complex about myself. Working with consultant not made me comfortable either. I had to attend all the meetings, checking the drawings and sometimes I had to stay back ,up to 8 or 9 p.m in the middle of the night just to prepare things beforehand ,if the meeting just around the corner. The worst part was, the clients kept changing things and at the end they will put the blame on you when something went wrong. Trust me, I tried my uttermost to do my job properly.

Yet,I still remember when I was working with one of the contractor from Dataran Prima, P.J and the project was belongs to IDFR [Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs].The buildings is located just by the Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka at Jalan Wisma Putra.This project was totally reached the limit of my patience in any single aspects and points that lead me to try a new environment as a civil engineer with one of the consultant at Damansara Uptown. The worked ambiance was ok but it didn't last longer. I gave up my job after 6 months to join Am in the U.k.

Nevertheless, I still feeling lucky because I never unemployed after graduation opss… only once just for 3 months in year 2003 after I resigned from my previous company in Penang. “Well.. Nurul at least you had jobs before! Stop complaining!” Alright! Alright! Just remember that half of loaf is better than none!!

12 comments:

Zara in Germany said...

ko balik msia, ko sambungla masters kat usm...senang citer...heheh

missselfridge said...

aku pun rasa cam tu zek oit

Mimiamilia said...

kak nurul, i think if u apply for ptd again pun ok kot..

Natrah &Helmi said...

Nurul, dun worry..kalo dah rezeki tak ke mana..hehe, cam jodoh pulak

missselfridge said...

mimi...tu la..tp tak nk pjj ngn am..

natrah..wow sgt ye..

Helina said...

nurul... dok rumah wat online biz nnt hehe

missselfridge said...

wow ken ake helen..hehhee

Helina said...

masyukk oooo... try la sementara cari keja nnt...

Neny said...

Hi Nurul, saja nak sebok gak. Rasanya ko notis kot nama aku kat ruangan komen2 blog kengkawan.

Aku skrg bekerja kat consulting line tp aku electrical. Tp tgh kira ari nak abis bekerja. Keje kat consultant dah 6 thn tp for the last 4 1/2 years lepas aku keje kat opis, no such as kena panas or whatver. Tp it's true la about handling the meetings, design, contract doc., bla,bla....mmg stress la.

Aku pon bakal ikut hb aku yg nak sambung study bulan 9 ni kat germany. Rata2 colleagues aku ngan team projek bg komen yg negatif about me quitting the job. Tp aku pekakkan je telinga.

Balik nanti aku plan nak sambung buat master aje. Nak keje as engineer balik, oh! aku x sanggup dah.

Xpe nurul, pasti ada jalannya nanti.

missselfridge said...

tu ar neny..aku mmg angin je keje mcm tu..sbnrnya klu ada keje tetap n amik cuti tnpa gaji lg bagus dr aku skng ni..dtg la nnti jalan2 tmpt aku k,,..ko dtg germany brp thn..

AsLiNa said...

aku pun penah sempat keje 2 tahun sbg eng, dan aku rasa lega setelah quit dan bertukar bidang akademik, so nurul, aku rasa kalo hang jumpa tempat yg sesuai dr semua segi terus je apply..
dan jugak, biz opline mcm helen pun mantappp..

missselfridge said...

as..kena ke bizz online,,,hehehe tak minat la biz..